V8 Forum Home V8 Hotstox fixtures

fixtures

General discussion on V8 Hotstox Racing

Forum rules

Behave or ye shall be gone!

Post Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:22 am

is there a fixture list anywhere please???? seems late.

will they be at the nec????

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:08 pm

thank you dave.

that list is a shambles!!!!

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:05 pm

I don't know who you are SteveSmith but I wonder why every post you make is confrontational?

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 pm

i wouldnt say that!!! just frank and honest!!!

i would love to know how many drivers actually will be able to support 30 meetings????!

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Sorry but I disagree. You asked, nicely, for a fixture list. You get one and call it a shambles. That's confrontational in my book.

When you have the time please answer the following questions

1. Do you think there should be more fixtures?
2. Do you think there should be fewer fixtures/
3. If your answer to either 1) or 2) above is "Yes" how many meetings do you think there should be?
4. Are there meetings at some tracks that shouldn't be included?
5. Are there tracks which should have meetings but don't?
6. Do some tracks have too many or not enough meetings?

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:40 pm

my pleasure!!!

1. Do you think there should be more fixtures? no
2. Do you think there should be fewer fixtures/ yes
3. If your answer to either 1) or 2) above is "Yes" how many meetings do you think there should be? bettween 22 and 25
4. Are there meetings at some tracks that shouldn't be included? no
5. Are there tracks which should have meetings but don't? no
6. Do some tracks have too many or not enough meetings? yes

there was a survery of drivers a few years ago, the results were 25 meetings max per year, one meeting a weekend unless at the same track!!!
i will dig out the newsletter which told us that if need be!!!!

british with a shale meeting night before????
lot of travelling for the northern drivers!!!!
same track has two major titles????
potentially shale drivers have nothing to race for????

listen to the drivers and you will hear the complaints!!! you then might have better support at meetings if you listen!!!!!

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:40 pm

1. Are you a current Board of Control Member?
2. Are you a former BoC member?
3. Are you a current driver (or team member or sponsor)?
4. Are you a former driver (or team member or sponsor)?
5. Are you a prospective new driver (or team member or sponsor)?

I am none of the above, although I did race a couple of meetings about 30 years ago.

What I do know is that putting together a fixture list is not an easy task. You don’t tell the Promoters where and when you want to race, they tell you which dates they can offer. If you don’t accept what is offered it can jeopardise offers in future years.

It is unfortunate that two major meetings are at the same track but maybe there were no alternatives when the dates were offered.
With a few exceptions are there really “shale” and “tarmac” racers or in reality are most drivers happy to race on either surface?

I agree there is not much for the northern drivers but that is mainly because there are few northern tracks and none of them offer Saturday night racing, unless you consider Stoke to be in the north.

I don’t know how far back it is that the drivers said they only wanted 25 max meetings but 15 or so years ago there were only 20 ish registered drivers, now there are almost four times that many. In 2017 six drivers raced more than 25 times. More than forty drivers raced 15 times or less so on that basis should there be only 15 meetings on the list?

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:06 pm

BTEE wrote:
I don’t know how far back it is that the drivers said they only wanted 25 max meetings but 15 or so years ago there were only 20 ish registered drivers, now there are almost four times that many. In 2017 six drivers raced more than 25 times. More than forty drivers raced 15 times or less so on that basis should there be only 15 meetings on the list?

Hi Barry, that survey was something i did, so about 2015 i would say.

Keith

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Thanks, Keith. so quite recent then.

I'm sure though you can confirm my comments regarding the challenges of putting together a fixture list in that you take what is offered rather than getting what you really want

Next

Return to V8 Hotstox